There are a lot of people out there criticizing Kyoani for rushing the plot and saying that episode 12 was out of character for Haruka. Let me take you through the episode again and explain why, even though it was a lot of plot to pack into one episode, Kyoani has once again delivered a truly beautiful episode 12.
We can see each and every profound change in Haruka throughout this episode. The biggest change happens at the climax of the episode, but there are some very important points that bring about Haruka’s epiphany.
- haru: *constantly pushed and stressed out over anxieties and worries to the point of losing focus of what he loves*
- rin: *takes him away from that bad place*
- rin: *takes his mind off of everything*
- rin: *apologizes for being one of the people to stress him out*
- rin: *talks to him calmly and brings up happy memories*
- rin: *makes haru genuinely happy*
- rin: *THEN shows him something great to help him think about his future*
- haru: *realizes what he's wanted all along, not just because he saw a fucking pool*
- morons in the fandom: THis EpisODE WAS sihT!!!! KYONAI IS TtraSH!! HARU hadN O develoPEMENT!!1111!!!! here is my novel length essay explaining why!! i didn't grasp anything from the past two seasons!